Happy New Year to everyone who has supported us in the last year, and best wishes for 2011!
Although, we are a small volunteer run charity, we have been fortunate to have such loyal and generous support from so many people across the country; but sometimes it is easy to lose sight of the difference we can make. So here is a wee reminder of what we have all achieved in 2010.
- 60 orphaned children have attended preschool, and have been provided with clothing, shoes, and a nutritous daily meal.
- 140 children have been supported with their primary education through outreach support and the provision of uniforms, shoes, school bags, books, and writing materials.
- 30 young people have been able to attend secondary school giving them improved chances for the future.
- 150 children and families were visited by an outreach worker, helping them to cope with the difficulties they are facing.
- 250 children have been able to access health care and treatment, helping them to beat malaria and other serious diseases.
- 25 young people were provided with vocational training, helping them to gain skills that will give them a better chance od securing a livelihood.
- 4 small businesses have been created as result of the vocational training provided to young people.
Click here to sign up to our newsletter and hear more about what we do.