What we do
Tanzania is one of the world's poorest countries where more than one-third of the population live below the national poverty line, and more than a million children have been orphaned by AIDS.
Songea District is in the south west of the country and has a huge problem with the cycle of poverty, unemployment and disease. Despite such challenges, Tanzanian people are welcoming, friendly, and view life with positivity.
We work with the local community to develop initiatives that make a difference to the lives of vulnerable children, young people and carers. We aim to create a better world for children and families affected by poverty and HIV/AIDS in Tanzania. It is vital that children, young people and carers have access to facilities that inspire learning and support growth and development.
Our main focus centres on what we believe are the five key steps for a happy, healthy and positive future:
- Raising educational attainment among orphaned children.
- Improving health and social wellbeing among orphaned children and their carers.
- Enabling communities to establish secure livelihoods.
- Increasing the capacity of our partner organisation to deliver excellent services.
- Enabling our partner organisation to become more sustainable.